Competitions are held on the 4th Thursday of the month throughout the club year.
Note: The club meetings are being held in hybrid format for 2023-24 season which means both digital and print entries are accepted for competition nights. However, only members attending the meeting in person can vote for the print entries.
"When you enter a photograph into a competition you are contributing to the well-being of the Club: you provide the other members with pleasure, with a new idea, and with a forum for discussion, thus contributing to their growth as photographers. Winning is a bonus." (Sheila Holzer, IACC Honorary Member)
Monthly competitions themes (2023-24)
- Sep (entry closes Sep 18, meeting Sep 28)
Digital - Travelling
- Oct (entry closes Oct 15, meeting Oct 26)
- Nov (entry closes Nov 12, meeting Nov 23)
- Jan (entry closes Jan 14, meeting Jan 25)
- Feb (entry closes Feb 11, meeting Feb 22)
- Mar (entry closes Mar 17, meeting Mar 28)
Note: Print entries have no theme, they can be anything.
Annual competition themes (2023-24)
- President's Challenge (scored by external judges) : Resilience (digital)
- Feature Theme (scored by external judges) : Wide Angle Perspective (digital)