Competitions are held on the 4th Thursday of the month throughout the club year.
"When you enter a photograph into a competition you are contributing to the well-being of the Club: you provide the other members with pleasure, with a new idea, and with a forum for discussion, thus contributing to their growth as photographers. Winning is a bonus." (Sheila Holzer, IACC Honorary Member)
Competitions Changes for 2020-21
- NEW: In addition to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards an Honorable Mention award for both 4th and 5th place in each category. Images will be displayed in the winners' slide show and on the web site. Awarding of ribbons (or not) is still being determined.
- NEW: Electronic voting will be utilized for virtual meetings. It may also be used for digital categories for hybrid or regular meetings.
- NEW: there will be no print competitions this year (only digital ones)
Please be aware that there are likely to be other changes to competitions over the 2020-21 club year. The competition team is engaged in upgrading the electronic entry system, re-evaluating certain rules, and trying to cope with the impact of Covid-19. These will be announced at meetings, over email, and published on the web site. Your patience is appreciated.
Monthly competitions themes (2020-21) (all digital)
- September: "Isolation"
- October: "Signs, Symbols or Messages"
- November: "Primary light source in the Image" (Technical Theme)
- January: "Movie Titles"
- February: "Different States of Water"
- March: "Panorama" (Composition Theme)
Annual competition themes (2021)
- New Member (3 images/entry, digital)
- 'Scapes (1 image, print)
- The Wild World (2 images/entry, digital, one image must be of a wild plant(s), the other image of a wild animal(s))
- Feature Theme: "Fine Art" (1 image, print)
- Outings (1 image, digital)
- President's Challenge: "When I need you" (1 image, digital)
- Clive Mathewson (video/slideshow up to 3 minutes)
- Photo Essay (5-9 images/entry, print)